Frequently Asked Questions
Rules of Play:
- Before using the Soft Play, all shoes, glasses, jewellery, and badges MUST be removed.
- While supervising, parents must remove their shoes.
- Any damage may necessitate the Hirer paying an additional fee.Socks must be worn at all times for hygiene reasons.Children must be supervised by an adult at all times to ensure their safety while using the equipment.
- Cheeky Tots are not in charge of supervision.
- Cheeky Tots accepts no responsibility for any accidents or injuries that occur while the equipment is being rented.
- There should be no pets or sharp objects on the equipment.
- There will be no streamers, face paint, party poppers, or silly string on or near the equipment.
- No food, drinks, or chewing gum are permitted on or near the Soft Play;
- this will prevent choking and mess (please note if the equipment is collected in a dirty condition then the person hiring it will incur a cleaning charge).
- Adults are not permitted to sit or lean on the soft play equipment or the ball pool/kerb walls.Children must not push, collide, fight, or act in a way that could injure or distress others.
- There will be no smoking or barbeques near the soft play equipment.
- Always ensure the soft play is not overcrowded, and limit numbers to the age and size of the children using it.
- This equipment has an age limit of 6; please ensure that no one over this age is using it.
- No adults are to use the equipment.
- Ensure that no-one with a history of back or neck problems is allowed on the equipment, as indeed any Child who is feeling unwell.
- If the equipment becomes wet, it should not be used because the surfaces may become slippery.It is your (the Hirer’s) responsibility to ensure that the equipment is not damaged. If any damages occur, the Hirer will be charged a repair fee that is payable immediately unless otherwise agreed. There will be no items removed from the delivery location. Only Softplay Takeaway employees are permitted to remove/collect equipment.
What areas do you deliver to?
We cover most parts of Warwickshire, Coventry, Banbury, Solihull and some parts of Northamptonshire. We prefer to limit our travel time to a maximum of 30 minutes from Harbury/Leamington Spa.
Bouncy Castle Health and Safety:
In addition to the above…
- Please keep in mind that you are NOT permitted to erect the inflatable equipment as the hirer.Inflatables are only permitted for children under the age of six.
- ADULTS should not enter the Inflatable under any circumstances, as this will cause damage to the Inflatable or injury to the individual.Avoid getting the blower, cable, and plugs wet.
- Do not allow children with medical conditions, which may put them at risk of injury (e.g. brittle bone disease or temporary injuries), to use the inflatable.
- Avoid putting older children on the inflatable with younger ones.
- You (“the Hirer”) are liable for any injury or damage that occurs while the equipment is on hire, and it is strongly recommended that you obtain Public Liability Insurance that covers the use of the inflatable while it is on hire to you.
- When the Inflatables are in use, you (“the Hirer”) must ensure that there is adequate adult supervision at all times.
- Children must remove their shoes and remove any hard, sharp or dangerous objects from their person (spectacles are also best removed) before using the inflatable.
- Children must be prevented from climbing or hanging on the walls of the inflatable. With bouncy castles the user must not be taller than the outside walls when standing on the inflated bouncing surface.
- The front step is intended to assist users in turning on and off and should not be played with.
- Food, drink, party poppers, facepaints, and toys are not permitted on any inflatable.ACROBATICS ARE STRICTLY PROHIBITED.OR YOU CAN FIGHT.NEVER TURN OFF THE FAN WHILE THE INFLATABLE IS IN USE.
- At all times, you (“the Hirer”) must ensure that the inflatables are staked/sandbagged down.
- IN HIGH WINDS, DO NOT USE.
- The Hirer is responsible for the safekeeping of the inflatable, and you will be charged for any theft, damage, or missing items when it is returned.When the unit is not in use, the fan can be turned off. If you have an electric fan, before re-inflating it, please ensure that the rope linking the air pipe to the fan is tightly secured and that nothing is blocking this same sides of the fan.
- If a customer complains that the unit is soft and our engineers return to find that these checks were not performed, we will charge a £20 call out fee.
- It is recommended that you keep the unit running in the event of rain, but please ensure that all electrical goods are covered. To avoid children slipping, dry the step areas with a towel before resuming use. In the event of high winds, stop using the product immediately and contact our office for assistance. Please use common sense when the weather changes.Please ensure you take all reasonable precautions to protect the equipment from damage.
- Most importantly, please ensure that you take all reasonable precautions to keep the child safe.
- Your safety is very important to us!
Can I hire the softplay equipment for longer than the three hours?
The prices quoted are for hire times of up to three hours (excluding the set up and packing away time). Longer hire times are available (and often popular for occasions such as Christenings, Weddings, Corporate Events). Please just specify how long you require the equipment for in your enquiry and a price will be quoted to you, based on the package you plan to hire.
Please read Terms and Conditions and ensure all Rules of Play are followed:
Payment & Booking Terms
Terms and Conditions
- Please keep in mind that you will be required to sign upon receipt of the equipment.It is the Hirer’s responsibility to check the site measurements for the required package, and also to ensure that there will be adequate space surrounding the play equipment.
- We will need about 30-45 minutes to set up the party and the same amount of time to pack up and remove the equipment. Please keep this in mind when booking venue times. Please leave or allow enough parking space for delivery and pick-up times.We can only deliver equipment to a suitable open space and are not responsible for removing furniture/etc.
Payment & Booking Terms
- All equipment remains the company’s property at all times.By placing an order with us, whether verbally or via e-mail, online, or Whatapp, regardless of whether a booking form has been returned or a deposit has been paid, the customer is deemed to have read, understood, fully agreed to, and is bound by all of our terms and conditions of hire, which can be found at https://www.softplaytakeaway.co.uk/.
- If we are unable to fulfil our contracted obligations due to traffic or other uncontrollable circumstances, our liability is limited to a refund of any monies paid in relation to the contracted event or a pro rata reduction in the hire fee in the event of a delayed start. No additional compensation will be paid, regardless of earnings loss.
- Prices, Deposit & Balance payments
- Some hires may require a booking fee to secure event dates and equipment (booking fee is non refundable).Unless approved account facilities are held, the booking fee will be deducted from the total cost of the hire, as well as the balance must be paid in full and cleared no less than 7 days before the event start date.Terms are approved account clients will be strictly 30 days from invoice date unless agreed in writing by the company.
- Where there is no booking fee, hires must be paid in full prior to the installation of the hired equipment. Payments made by SUM UP, STRIPE OR PAYAPL OR BANK TRANSFER must be received no later than the Monday before the hire.
- The company accepts no responsibility for failed or cancelled deliveries where payment has not been received prior to the event or where cash is not available for collection prior to installation.Advertised prices are subject to change without prior notification.
- The company reserves the right to charge interest on all past-due accounts at a rate of 2% above the current interest rate set by its banker. Unless the client arranges for on-site parking, all parking charges will be invoiced to the client after the event. The company will not be held liable for any delays in starting or operating times caused by the inability to find suitable parking.
- Any cancelled order is subject to the following cancellation charges:
- Within 4 weeks prior to event 50% of order value.
- Within 2 weeks prior to event 100% of order value.
- In the event of cancellation due to poor weather or in extenuating circumstances alternative event dates may be offered by the company subject to product availability. The company is under no obligation to offer alternative dates and any offers are made entirely at the discretion of the company on a case by case basis. No refunds will be offered to events cancelled due to poor weather. We advise you take out separate event insurance that includes cover for inclement weather.
- The company accepts no responsibility for failed deliveries due to inaccurate hire information, lack of provision, unsuitable or inadequate hire sites, where no suitable access is available or where a client is unavailable to take delivery. In these circumstances no refunds will be offered and full payment will be required where payment has not already been received. The company reserves the right to impose charges to cover any additional costs incurred where delivery has to be re arranged for another time or where additional staff may be required in order to complete a delivery and or collection.
- Security Deposits
- All hires require a security deposit.Security deposits are paid to ensure the safety and cleanliness of the hired equipment while it is in the client’s possession, and deductions may be made to cover loss of equipment, cleaning/drying, or repair if the equipment is returned in a manner other than that in which it was hired.
- Charges for equipment replacement will be made at full replacement cost plus any associated delivery cost along with a £5 administration fee .
- A £50 cleaning/drying fee will be imposed if the equipment has been intentionally soaked or drenched, or if the use of grease-based face paints, silly string, confetti, or glitter has been permitted, or if food or drink has been consumed on the equipment, causing unnecessary soiling.Where a client is not at home and collection of the hired equipment cannot take place, security deposits will be withheld and a £50 failed collection charge will be applied.
- Additional charges will be levied to cover any additional hire period until the equipment can be recovered by the company.Security deposits will act as partial payment only where costs incurred exceed those covered by the deposit.
- Where the deposit does not cover the full cost of the damage, repair, or replacement, the company reserves the right to invoice all additional charges incurred.
- Security deposits will be refunded upon completion of the hire, with no deductions for damaged, soiled, or missing items, and will be returned in the same manner in which they were paid. Please allow up to 5 working days for the return of security deposits paid by Bank Transfer or Sum Up Refund.
- The company reserves the right to substitute hired equipment with equipment of a similar type and value without notice in the event of previous damage or loss of booked equipment.
- All sizes quoted are approximate.
- All goods remain the company’s property at all times.
- The company reserves the right to change or modify any product specifications at any time without prior notice.In the event of heavy rain or winds exceeding 20 mph, it is up to our supervisors to determine whether the equipment is safe to use. Any remaining balance must be paid in full, and no monies are refundable if the event is interrupted or cancelled due to weather after set up. We recommend that you obtain separate event insurance to cover any inclement weather.
- You must notify the company immediately should you experience issues with any of the equipment hired. The company will offer no refunds where issues have not been reported and charges may be made for repair or replacement should the equipment be damaged by the client.
- In the event that equipment is reported damaged or inoperable and repair or replacement is not possible, our liability is limited to a refund of any monies paid in relation to the contracted event or a pro rata reduction in the hire fee in the event of a delayed start or early completion. No further compensation will be paid, regardless of any loss of earnings, and charges may be imposed where the client has damaged equipment.
- Liability & Insurance
- The company’s liability insurance only covers use of the equipment while it is on ‘wet’ hire (supervised by a representative of the company).
- The client agrees to hold the company harmless for any damage or theft of the company’s equipment while it is on hire.
- The company accepts no responsibility for any damage or loss of personal property, as well as any injury, resulting from the use of the hired equipment.
- Any equipment booked on a ‘dry hire’ basis is not covered by the company’s insurance policy, and the client is responsible for obtaining adequate insurance coverage